Managed Print Services
Managed print services (MPS) is the provision and oversight of business document output needs by an external service provider. MPS usually begins with a requirements assessment. The next step is typically a partial or complete replacement of existing hardware, including printers, faxes, scanners , photocopiers and multifunction (MFP) devices. From that point, the service provider oversees and services hardware and provides parts and supplies. An MPS provider may also monitor and report on usage, problems and user experience.
Rather than dedicating internal resources to business activities related to printing, a company outsource them, freeing up those resources for activities that are more relevant to the business’s main concerns.
Depending on the arrangement, MPS payment may be subscription-based or on a per-page basis. According to some other types of agreements, managed print services place each device under a monthly maintenance or management contract that includes all the consumables, pieces and parts that might be necessary to repair it or simply a high volume recurring print job billed monthly.
Your environment is unmanaged if …
- Total pages printed annually is unknown
- Average cost per page is unknown
- Budget is not based upon print volume
- Multiple suppliers are used with no synergy
- No equipment road map
- Redundant equipment exists ( faxes, copiers, scanners, printers)
- Poor inventory management
- Manual ordering process
- Excessive use of internal human resources
- No reports
- No cost goals
- No software management
Because you are tired of …
- Running out of toner
- Ordering toner
- Changing toner
- Analyzing whether to repair or purchase a printer
- Understanding and resolving error codes
- Managing your printers
Our managed print service can remove the hidden costs associated with supplying, maintaining and repairing your print fleet, leaving you to focus on running your business.
Multi-Doc proudly uses
QUANTIFY PRINT COSTS -Accurate tracking of all printer activity allows organizations to see who is printing what, while standard and customization reports show how much it all costs.
RECOUP EXPENSES – Departmental, user and client usage-accounting features let organizations bill internally or externally for print output as appropriate.
REDUCE COSTS AND SATISFY GREEN INITIATIVES – Customizable print rules (such as the ability to enforce duplex printing and to convert color jobs to black-and-white) and end-user pop-up messages that encourage more cost-efficient printing quantifiably reduce an organization’s hard copy output costs, while usage quotas keep users from spending more than their allotment.
NO PRINT SERVER? NO PROBLEM – By directly tracking jobs between the PC (all platforms) and the output device, the Papercut Direct Printing feature lets the platform be used in environments where print queues are not hosted on a centralized print server.
STREAMLINE MOBILE PRINTING – Web application and support for Google Cloud Print, email-to print and printing from any modern browser allows lT personnel to enable printing from just about any device.
Papercut delivers the ability to track print pages executed at registered printers to give organizations a clear picture of usage and its associated costs-and to recover costs when appropriate.
- Papercut will track whether jobs are simplex/duplex and color/black-and-white; unlike some systems, Papercut supports “page-level” color detection, where color and monochrome pages mixed into a single job are counted accurately.
- All usage can be tracked by user, department, client or project. This gives organizations the opportunity to track (and report on) who is generating the most in terms of hardcopy output, with an eye towards reducing such usage or recouping costs where appropriate.
- For organizations that plan on charging user, department, client or project budgets/accounts for output, the program allows an administrator to set different prices for color and monochrome jobs.
- Large-format output can be charged by the square foot/meter.
- Unlike most other systems, Papercut NG allows a blanket discount (or surcharge) for certain accounts or sub-accounts, such as a 10 percent discount or a 5-cent per-page surcharge.
- Papercut NG also offers a Charge feature that can be used to apply a percentage discount for a job (for example, a 50 percent discount for the second printout of a document) or a percentage upcharge (50 percent increase for special material, for example). This flexibility enables organizations
- to tailor charges to particular client accounts or situations.